Are you a summer lover and you enjoying sun bath? Some people love getting extra sweaty during the summer. They hang out at the beach, play beach volleyball. People who spends tons of time in the gym can end up can end up with severe damage on the skin. Body sweats helps you to clear your internal dirty substances, but what about the skin? Extra sweating can clog your skin pores, by trapping body oil and dead skin cells inside. As a result, this sweat leads you to painful cystic acne not only on your face, it also cause acne on your arms, chest, back and legs. However, you shouldn’t skip intense workouts in fear of embarrassing body acne. You can stop this acne by using dermatologist recommended best body wash for acne. I have also experienced this terrible body acne on my back, after six months of being zit-free, I break out insanely on my body and I know I am not the only one, who suffered from body acne. Then I consulted with New York based dermatologist Valerie Goldburt, how I can get rid of my embarrassing and painful body acne? Vitamin deficiency is also a cause of acne. If you have the problem, you should take vitamins that helps to heal acne.
Why body acne is the summer?
Although you can get acne at any season, in summer the degrees of affecting acne is higher? It’s your sweat and over production of oil, when sweat and oil combine you get acne. During the summer you also use sunscreen. Sunscreen is necessary to protect you from the ultra-violet rays and skin burning, it also cause breakouts, especially in summer you’re applying more of it.
The difference between face acne and body acne
Although, both of them are acne and look like the same, the break outs on your body tends to be slightly different than your face acne. According to the dermatologists, it is called folliculitis this acne develops when hair follicle becomes infected. However, both facial and body can be treated with the same products for example, medically recommended soaps and cleansers for acne. Some patients are actually affected by rosacea stimulated by coffee or dairy products, but it appears on your chest and back rarely.
Tips to get rid of body acne
If you follow the following tips, you will get rid of body acne:
- Shower smart: You need to clean yourself every day, after get back from the beach or the gym. Rinse off all body oil, sweat and sunscreen and keep the hair follicles destruction free. So, lather up every day to unclog the skin pores and wash away acne causing bacteria. Your body wash should contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Salicylic acid helps to reduce inflammation and unclog pores and benzoyl peroxide helps to heal the acne. However, some experts do not recommend benzoyl peroxide, because it is used to bleach fabrics. You can try Neutrogena body clear body wash, Olay total effects 7 exfoliate and Replenish advanced anti-aging body wash, these body washes helps break aside dead cells and unclog pores. Use a new washcloth every time you shower. You can also use mild face washes or gels that are used to treat acne, if you have sensitive skin.
- Change your bed sheets: When you sleep body oil, sweats and dead skin cells rub off your body and your bed sheets become dirty. Generally, changing the sheets twice a week is recommended and it will keep you acne free. If you not clean your sheets regularly, it will higher the chances of whatever accumulates on the sheet and will end up clogging pores and causing acne.
- Use scrubs: When you have acne, it is extremely necessary to exfoliate the skin pores. Scrub can be a better option to clean dead cells or removing the pores blockage. However, some people over do scrubbing and too vigorously, which may end up with dryness of skin, more acne break outs or over production of oil. If you have acne on your chest be careful, because the skin on the chest is extremely thin and can scar easily if you accidentally remove the skin.
- Stay away from gym germs: In gyms you share exercise equipments with others, which can spread acne bacteria. So you should wipe out before using any gym equipments. Also, use your own towel to clean the sweats while exercising. Remember, the more time the sweat sits on your body, it can cause acne and other skin disease. So, hit the shower immediately after work out. Use anti bacterial or herbal shop when you have acne.
- Avoid Spandex: Try to avoid synthetic materials. Avoid the Spandex (also called Lycra or Elastane). It is thicker than cotton and trap in the moisture and oils, as a result it clog pores and lead to acne. Use lightweight and loose fitting cloths while sleeping, which let sweat out and allow your skin to breathe.
- Treat It On Time: We know purchasing gels and creams is expensive and sometimes painful. If your age is around 20, you can pick a gel that contains benzyol peroxide or natural anti-bacterial components such as tomato and sulfur, which aid exfoliate and clear up your skin. For people more than 30 years, cream based acne spot treatment can be ideal, because it is less drying. If you face difficulties to reach the area between your shoulder blades or other hard to reach spots, try an acne fighting spray.
Some dermatologist recommended body wash for acne
You can use similar soaps recommended to treat acne in the face for body as well. However, following are some dermatologist recommended best body wash for acne:
- Neutrogena complete acne therapy system: Highly recommended by experts, anytime you workout, use the product. It will keep your body acne clear by treating it the same way you would your face. It contains both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.
- Clarifying spray: When you have acne at your back, it is hard to reach. A spray can be the better solution! Use Murad clarifying body spray from any direction, it contains retinol and salicylic acid.
- Clean and clear boost body wash: Like the other products of clean and clear, this body wash is also mild. It is designed to help trigger your senses and energize you all over. This body wash contains scrubs and with bursting beads, which are suspended with exotic fruit extracts. Help you to clean your body oil, keeping the natural oil balance.
- Neutrogena body clear body wash: Specially designed by Neutrogena for refreshing and clean rinsing body wash. It is used to treats and even helps prevent body acne. It has the active ingredients Salicylic acid, a proven acne fighting remedy. It prevents acne on your back, chest and shoulders without over drying or irritating the skin. Also, the rich, foaming lather unclog the pores and exfoliate it.
- Olay total effect 7: It has the advance anti-aging ingredients, an effective body washes to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- Dove beauty bars: It is one of the low cost and effective products. Available in every grocery and drug store. It keeps the natural oil balance and moisturizes your skin.
- Clinique acne solutions cleansing face and body soap: One of the best soap in this list and highly recommended for its quick result. Make your skin smooth and clear all black and white heads.
If you follow our above tips and use different supplements for acne, available as over the counter medications, i am sure your acne will be gone within 2-3 months.