It is known to everyone that high blood pressure or hypertension has many adverse effects and causes death of millions of people every year. Many people have hypertension without knowing their physical condition. People of all ages should know about the symptoms of hypertension because it may happen any time after a certain age. Sometimes high blood pressure symptoms are misdiagnosed and untreated high pressure of blood causes serious damage of heart, brain, kidney or other organs. Before damaging organs, hypertension exerts almost no effects. Therefore, it is known as the silent killer.
Symptoms of hypertension in men
Most of the time, high blood pressure has no symptoms at all. This means that when high blood pressure start to damage the patient’s heart, kidneys, blood vessels and eyes people feel nothing bad. They cannot feel any abnormalities and think themselves as normal. Therefore, it is too important to check their blood pressure level as a routine body checkup. However, men with untreated high blood pressure may experience the following symptoms:
- Headache: headache occurs most commonly in hypertension. About 90% hypertensive patient has reported headache. This is vary uncommon type of headache and not similar to migraine or conventional headache. It is described as the worst headache with shoulder pain of patients.
- Dizziness: when blood pressure level increases to very high level people suffer nausea or dizziness. But dizziness may experience also in other diseases. Therefore, you can call hypertension when it combines with the other symptoms of hypertension.
- Blurred vision:blurred vision means double vision and it is a symptom of hypertension when eyes are affected and clinically known as hypertensive retinopathy. People suffer blurred vision when their blood pressure level is very high for a longer period of time. Blurred vision not occurs in prehypertension stages or slightly high blood pressure level. Sometimes in blurred vision retina becomes spotted and bleeding starts from a rare area of the eyes.
- Nosebleeds: although in some cases nosebleeds in dry weather,it happens in hypertension. In high blood pressure nose bleeds from posterior part.
- Shortness of breath: sudden breathing difficulty or shortness of breath is a common symptom of hypertension. The heart becomes weak in hypertension and therefore cannot pump a huge amount of blood to the lung. As a result, breathe getting shorter.
- Chest pain: when the heart muscle doesn’t not get enough oxygen rich blood heart becomes weak and it is difficult to pump. At that time patient senses chest pain and commonly known as angina. When you feel pain in the chest it is necessary to visit your doctor. Sometimes severe chest pain signs of heart attack!
- Irregular heartbeat: your heart beat might be irregular if you have high blood pressure. Check your heart beat pattern and make sure that it is in regular fashion.
- Blood in urine:hypertension affects the kidney and often blood vessels of kidneys raptures for high blood pressure. Then blood and protein comes out with urine. A simple urine test can diagnose your hypertension. If blood cell found in urine, it shows that your kidney may be damaged.
Symptoms of hypertension in women
In most cases men and women have the same symptoms of hypertension. But women have some extra symptoms. They are:
- Back pain: when man faces chest pain in hypertension, women suffer from lower chest pain, back pain and complete absence of chest pressure.
- Pelvic pain in intercourse time.
- Acute fatigue: A hypertensive woman feels very much tired and low energy.
Symptoms of hypertension in pregnancy
Pregnancy induced hypertension is a special type of high blood pressure that introduces in pregnancy period. About 7 to 10 percent women face gestational diabetes and they have a chance of getting hypertension in their elder age. If anyone has pregnancy induced hypertension(PIH) in her first pregnancy, she will must have PIH in her next pregnancy. Symptoms of pregnancy induced hypertension are:
- Increased blood pressure: blood pressure increased at high level in a very short time. Systolic pressure increase to 140 mmHg or above and diastolic pressure increase to 90 mmHg or above.
- Nausea and vomiting: women suffer nausea, fatigue, dizziness and vomiting.
- Sudden weight gain: weight gain drastically within short period of time.
- Protein in urine: protein comes out with urine.
- Swelling or edema: hand and faces swell if a woman has hypertension in gestational period. But swelling also occur normally in the last period of pregnancy.
- Blurred vision
- Decreased urination: amount of urine decreases, and it is a common symptom of hypertension in gestational period.
- Severe headache
- Belly pain: women suffer for liver disorder in prenatal hypertension, for this reason they experience belly pain.
The symptoms of hypertension can be misunderstood ad other disease. If your condition is not so severe, you can try some home remedies for hypertension. Although, home remdies can help but it is not the ultimate solution. You still need to consult with your doctor. If your condition is severe, get immediate health support. Let your firends and family know about hypertension.