High blood pressure is also known as hypertension, which means evaluating pressure of the blood on the arterial wall. Our blood goes to the rest of the body from the heart through arteries. When the heart pumps blood creates a pressure on the arterial wall. If the blood volume rises more than arterial inner volume, a pressure with high level exert on arteries. This pressure is commonly known as hypertension. You can control your high blood sugar by following some useful home remedies of hypertension.
According to WHO (World health organization), hypertension is one of the main causes of human death worldwide. Every year million of people are dying due to hypertension. American Heart Association (AHA) describes that more than 76 million American adults are affected by high blood pressure (hypertension). Many people do not have any visible symptoms of hypertension. Therefore, it is known as the silent killer and people are mostly unaware about their physical condition.
Although the primary causes of hypertension are not known, the secondary causes of hypertension are well known. We can control hypertension by taking preventive steps. There are super foods and activities to minimize hypertension.
Home remedies for hypertension
If you have increased blood pressure level, you have to concern to lower the blood pressure. 140/90 is considered as high pressure level of blood. Lifestyle and diet has greater effect on blood pressure level. A disciplined life can keep you apart from hypertension. If you can control hypertension with a healthy lifestyle and diet you may not need medication.
Here eight home remedies for hypertension can make to lower your blood pressure and keep it at a normal level.
- Lose extra weights: blood pressure increases with increasing body weight. An obese person has a risk of getting hypertension. If you lose your extra 10 pounds, blood pressure will decrease at a significant level. Losing weight also helps to make medication more effective.
- Keep moving: physically inactive persons are more prone to hypertension. Lower your blood pressure numbers by 4 to 9 mm Hg by exercising 30 to 60 minutes a day. 45minutes working everyday lowers your blood pressure and you can observe it within just a week. Start out your physical activities slowly, take your work outside. Avoid motor vehicle for a short distance, try to walk or ride bicycle. You may start to exercise according to your doctor’s advice. The important thing is that you have to move out.
- Eat a healthy diet: choose a diet that contains high fiber and low fat. A very popular diet for hypertension is DASH diet. Fresh fruit and vegetables are recommended as a source of fiber that lower blood cholesterol. Saturated fat and trans fat containing food should be avoided. Red meat, fried food, grilled meat contains saturated and trans fat. These foods also have the opposite effect with many hypertensive drugs. A proper diet is the best home remedies for hypertension.
- Keep yourself stress free: keep yourself with a sound mind and body, avoid stress. Stress elevates blood pressure. So having stress free is important home remedies for hypertension.
- Reduce sodium intake: it is well known that sodium increases blood pressure level. Even a small reduction of sodium can decrease your blood pressure level significantly. Try to avoid additional salt with food, though it makes food tasty.
- Stop smoking.
- Limit your alcohol consumption.
- Sleep at least six hours properly.