If you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure or hypertension, some remedies can give you relief. Usually a range of 140 or above or a diastolic pressure and the bottom range are 90 or above, we call it high blood pressure. In this case most of the people get worried about which medications should take to get the pressure level down. There natural remedies for blood pressure are for them to control the blood pressure without medications.
Natural Remedies for Blood Pressure
- Lose your extra weight: Blood pressure has an invertible relationship with the weight. If the weight increases, the risk of high blood pressure is also increase. In general the more you burn your weight, the more you lower your risk. Loosing around 10 pounds or 4.5 kilograms can help you reduce your risk at any case. Your doctor will suggest how much weight you should lose depending on your body type. Losing extra pounds will make the medications more effective. You should also keep waist measurement in a balance. Carrying too much fat near the waist line can put you at greater risk. Some general facts:
- The waist measurement for Asian man is 36 inches or 91 cm and above.
- Asian women at risk if hear waist is 36 inches or 91 cm or above.
- For native American Men are at risk if their waist measurement is greater than 40 inches or 102 centimeters.
- White women at risk if their waist measurement is greater than 35 inches or 89 cm.
- Regular exercise: Make a routine of 30 to 60 minutes exercise every day. It can n lower your blood pressure by 4 to 9 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg) and you will see the difference in a short time. If you are inactive, increasing your physical activity can lower your blood pressure within a few weeks. It will help you to bring your blood pressure in a safer level. Consult with a doctor about developing an exercise routine. The doctor can help determine whether you need any exercise restrictions. If you have some other complications a light walk of 10 minutes can help a lot.
- Keep a food Diary: Change your regular diet to a healthy one. Keep a diary of what you are eating. A record of one week can reveal your eating habit. Add lot of green vegetables, fruits and whole grains to your diet.
- Sodium: Limit sodium intake in your diet.
- Alcohol and Smoking: Avoid alcohols and each kind of tobacco consumptions. One of the major natural remedies of blood pressure.
- Blood Pressure: Monitor your blood pressure at home. Make a note and consult with your doctor.