In summer we sweat more or less regularly. It’s a natural process. Our body releases inner toxin and other body waste through sweating. However, some people experience heavy sweating, which can be an indication of a disorder. They face excessive sweating in any season. Heavy sweating is not only the problem, it also causes odor. It can make you socially embarrass. Excess sweating is called in medical science. Around 3% of people suffer from this disease in United States. It’s not a serious disease that leads to intensive treatment, but it can cause significant discomfort and emotional problems to the affected person. Before being affected by heavy sweating, try the following home remedies for excessive sweating.
Sings of excessive sweating
According to the , a hyperhidrosis patient may face the following signs of excessive sweating:
- Sweating in some specific areas, such as under the armpits, palms of the hands and soles of the feet
- Heavy sweating that makes the clothes wet
- Foot odor
- Discoloration of skin of the affected areas, such as armpits, joints of hands and legs
- In some rare cases cracking and scaling of skin
What are the possible causes?
Hormonal imbalance is the major cause of heavy sweating. Although, it varies from person to person, many reasons can push your body to excessive sweating:
- Heart disease/ heart failure
- Spinal cord injury
- Smoking and drinking habit
- Parkinson’s disease
- Respiratory problems
Natural remedies for excessive sweating
Try one or more of the following home remedies to stop heavy sweating:
- Vinegar: Vinegar is used for different home remedies. It also works great to stop excessive sweating. Vinegar can be used in many ways, either use externally or intake it. For external use, apply vinegar in your sweating areas such as armpits, hands palm and legs sole at night. Leave it for the whole night and then wash off in the morning.
Another method is soaking your legs or hand in the water with some added vinegar (1/2 cup in 1 liter).For excessive sweating, intake one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar thrice a day before regular meals in empty stomach.
- Herbal Tea: Drink herbal tea or black tea regularly, your sweat will be controlled gradually. Herbal tea or green tea contains tannic acid. It has anti-perspirant and astringent properties, which constrict the sweat glands. So, no sweat will be transferred to outer skin.
External use of tea bags also can be useful.Wet a tea bag and hold under the armpits. To control foot odor, put two or three tea bags in hot water. Take a foot bath for 15 minutes, your sweat and odor reduce.
- Tomato juice: One glass of fresh tomato juice is extremely helpful to stop your sweating problem. We all know it has antioxidant properties. But, do you know? Tomatoes are also astringent, which shrink pores.
Continue taking this juice at least one week regularly. Then take it on alternate days.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil contains lauric acid that is able to eliminate the sweating and odor causing bacteria. Smelling ingredients such as camphor can be added with the coconut oil before using it.
You might be thinking, coconut oil will stain your clothes. No, small amount of oil will not damage your cloths. Take a little amount of oil and massage in the sweating areas for example, under the arms.
- Wheatgrass juice: To stop excessive sweating a glass of wheatgrass juice can be effective, if you take it every day. It is an alternative of tomato juice, depending on availability.It also has some extra benefits. Wheatgrass is rich in vitamin A, B-6, B-12, C and folic acid. It can neutralize the body acid.
- Grape juice: Consume grape both ways as a fruit or juice. Grapes not only contain natural antioxidant, it also balances the body temperature. So, your excessive sweating problem will be solved.
- Salt: When you drink lots of water, you may face excessive sweating. The problem can be solved using salt. Mix 1/3 of salt with lemon juice and a glass of water and drink it. Your body temperature will be neutralized.
If you have blood pressure, consuming salt is not a great idea. Instead, mix one teaspoon salt with sufficient lemon juice and apply the mixture in your sweating areas. Then wash it off.Sweat glands will be temporarily blocked and you’ll get rid of excessive sweating instantly.
- Sage herb: Sage herb is a great source of magnesium and vitamin B. It has astringent, anti bacterial and anti fungal properties. The sage leaves also contain tannic acid. It can block the sweat gland and restrict the odor causing bacteria.
Sage herb tea bags are now available in every market. Or brew some sage herb is hot water, wait till it become cool. Drink it every day to reduce excessive sweating.Drink green tea or sage herb tea alternatively.
- Tea tree oil:Tea tree oil another exclusive remedy for excessive sweating. Its anti-fungal and natural astringent properties are able to give you the best result within a few days of using it. Just need to put a thin layer of the oil in the sweating areas.
- Potato: Potato is rich in magnesium, eating potato will heal your problem till some extent. For instant results, take potato slices and rub on the sweating areas such as the underarm, then wash it off.
- Lemon:With it citric acid properties, lemon can eliminate the bacteria. Using lemon also brighten your skin. Need to avoid the sun, otherwise your skin will be darker. So, the best time to use lemon is before bedtime.
- White hazel: It is also an herb with antiperspirant and natural astringent properties. It gently dries your sweating areas. White hazel tea is available in the market. It is also added is some canned tea tree oil.
- Chamomile:The fragrance and deodorant properties of chamomile made it an ideal ingredient for anti-sweating treatment. It also has anti-bacterial and astringent. Antibacterial properties stop the production of odor causing bacteria.
Another way of consuming chamomile is to drink tea made of chamomile.Also, add some chamomile essential oil in water, while bathing. Some people are allergic to chamomile, they should avoid it.
- Baking soda:Baking soda is a natural source of alkaline. It lowers the pH level of our body. So use baking soda to eliminate the odor. Simply use little amount of baking soda like powder in the sweating areas.
- Homemade deodorant: Some people are allergic to commercially produced deodorant. Sometimes using lots of it make it ineffective.
You may prepare your own deodorant at home. You will need baking soda, some drop of water and small drops of fragrant essential oil (e.g. Lemon, vanilla, lavender and coconut oil). Mix a significant amount of them all together, use before going out.
Lifestyle change needs to be done today
Along with the home remedies, avoid the excessive sweating problem by making the following lifestyle change:
- Comfortable clothes: Choose light weight clothes. Wear cotton clothes, so that your skin can breathe. It will minimize sweating. Wearing Polyester and synthetic type dress, especially in the summer will produce more sweat. So, you need to be wise while choosing outfits.
Also,wear dark, colorful and striped dresses. It will lower the visibility of sweat. Make sure they are loose fitting.
- Never forgot socks: People suffering from excessive feet sweating, should always use socks. When choosing a shoe, make sure it is comfortable and your feet can breathe. Maximum priority to comfort, not price.
- Drink Lots of water: Drink a significant amount of water every day, depending on your needs. Not less than six glasses per day.
- Scrub your body: To clean skin pores scrub your body before bathing, at least twice a week. Scrubbing in the sweating areas eliminate the odor causing bacteria.
- Avoid spicy foods: Too much spicy food such as Indian masala curries can produce excessive sweat.Also eat fewer amounts of onion and garlic. Both of them have a strong smell, which can come out with your sweat.
Instead, choose foods rich in fiber and magnesium. Green leafy vegetable, Broccoli, Legumes, whole grains, Apple, Avocados, Nuts, Seeds, Bananas.
- Ensure Bedtime comfort: To avoid night time sweating keep your bed cool. Use cotton bed sheets in all season. Use heavy duvet if necessary, but not in the summer. If necessary, choose lightweight one.
- Reduce Stress and anxiety: Your stress and anxiety level can trigger heavy sweating. When you’re angry, stressed or anxious body temperature goes upward, you may feel hot. Avoid too much stress, meditation or deep breathing can help for instant relief. Regular physical activity sports, exercise and spending time with family reduce stress.
- Smoking and Drinking habit: Smoking and alcohol consumption can trigger heavy sweating. Also, excessive intake of caffeine can cause sweating. So lower the consumption of these products.
Homeopathic treatment for heavy Sweating
Those who are afraid of the side effects of allopathic medicines should try homeopathic. Apart from all other remedies and treatment, it can be equally lucrative in case of heavy sweating.
- Calcarea: Clacarea is ideal for people with obesity problem, where sweating is only a side effect.
- Silicea: People with moist and sweaty feet prescribed with Silicea remedy.
- Botulinum:When you need to stop underarm sweating try Botulinum.
- Acidum hydrofluoricum: It is prescribed to cure excessive sweating in the hand palms. Also a great remedy for people with sour odor.
Try the above suggested home remedies for excessive sweating, we hope you will get results within the lowest possible time. Let us know your experience. Which technique reduced your sweat and body odor.