May be in a middle of the night you wake up. You are feeling pain in your chest or coughing. Or perhaps you are at work. You have a heavy lunch with collogues and suddenly you are feeling a burning in your chest or feeling food is stuck in your throat. It’s hard for anyone to control this feeling. Are you familiar with this situations? You could be the 15 millions of American suffering from acid reflux and heartburn every day. Many of us gone through this situation and many people suffer from heartburn? Till which extant we can blame chest pain as heart burning?It’s a common disease of the adults. Even children’s may also suffer from acid reflux. Most of the people claims about heartburn but what are the signs of acid reflux? Know more everything about acid reflux.
Acid reflux is the back flow of the stomach components to the esophagus. If you feel acid reflux grater then two times a week. It is may be acid reflux disease, known as gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD.
What are the signs of acid reflux you may feel?
- Chest pain: This pain occurs usually under the breastbone (sternum). Because stomach acids is splashing into the esophagus. People often mix up with heart attacks.
- Chocking: if you wake up and feel chocking, it may be a sign of acid reflux. Sometimes stomach fluids makes it way to the throat and cause chocking.
- Regurgitation: Mouth pain after meal. If you take a big meal, this is a trigger of reflux. A sour or bitter taste acid will back up into the mouth or throat.
- Cough: If you are experiencing a chronic cough. It may not be an issue. But acid reflux also causes cough.
- Trouble Swallowing: The continuous cycle of damage and healing after acid reflux. The LES is affected and a narrowing of the esophagus. As a result you may find difficulty swallowing.
- Sore Throat: A sore throat is a cause of continuous irritation of throat due to acid reflux. Often mistaken with cold. You can detect sore throat, if you don’t see any symptoms of acid reflux.
- Hoarseness: Most of the people think it is an early cold symptoms. This is actually be a result of acid reflux.
So there is often no exact signs of acid reflux. Detecting acid reflux is little tricky, especially when you have confusing symptoms like we have discussed above. However if your reflux disease is untreated it can leads to serious problem in future.
Say you have detected acid reflux? What should you do now?
Try to avoid things like:
- High spicy foods
- Tomato and tomato sauces
- Chili sauces
- Citrus fruits. e.g. lemon, orange
- ice cream
- Fatty foods
- Raw onion and garlic
- Ordinary salts
- Deep fried foods
Remember not everyone acid reflux triggers by the same food. You can get relief from acid reflux by chewing gums, drinking milk, oatmeal, taking whole grain foods and yogurt. If the things doesn’t work. There are lots of medicines without any side effects. You can read more here. Consider taking advice of a doctor before taking any medicines. know more about foods to avoid with acid reflux click here and ten best remedies of heartburn.