There are lot of significant natural remedies for acid reflux that will help you to get rid of your acid reflux or GERD related disease. You can try this at home and don’t need to consult with your doctor, if you have irregular acid reflux. The natural remedies are similar to home remedies of acid reflux and there is no side effect. So let’s start with some easy natural remedies for acid reflux.
Natural remedies for acid reflux
The natural remedies can be divided into different parts. For example, life style change, food habit change, adding herbs in diet and some supplements.
Make some lifestyle change: Are you eating at late night? Or your lifestyle is a mess? Don’t have timetable for eating, sleeping or exercise? Are you doing exercise right after eating? These following habits are included to natural remedies for acid reflux.
- Chew your food thoroughly before gulping, stay calm while eating. Take minimum 15 minutes to finish a meal.
- Exercise lightly one or two hours after eating. At least don’t lie down right after eating.
- Wait at least three hours before going to bed.
- Stop smoking or try to avoid your best. Reduce you smoking level to 1/ 2 cigarette if you are a chain smoker.
- Take alcohol to a moderate level. Don’t exceed 1/ 2 drinks for women and 2/3 drinks per day for men. Then try to avoid it completely.
- Elevate your upper portion of body. Try to use pillows that will rise you head to minimum of 6 inches.
- Try to lose your weight. Do some exercise every day or at least try to walk
- Try to sleep or lie down on your left. It will help the stomach to keep the fluids downward with the help of gravity.
Change your regular diet: Changing your diet is most crucial part of natural remedies for acid reflux. Your diet can eliminate your acid reflux completely and sometimes food habit will make the reflux worsen. Depending on what kind of food you take. Here are some tips you should follow:
- Cut back the high fatty foods. Fats take long time to get digested comparing to other foods. Try to add green color vegetables as much as possible.
- Avoid caffeine contained products tea, coffee, chocolate and mint.
- Stay away from citrus fruits. E.g. lemon, orange, tomato. Also avoid raw onion, garlic and deep fried food. I think you also know, what kind of food will provoke your reflux? Avoid them.
- Eat smaller meals and frequent meals through all the day. Instead of eating a large meal. Large meals are often blamable for acid reflux and other stomach discomfort.
I have seen a lot of people. They are afraid of eating, because they may suffer from acid reflux or heartburn. If you maintain a regular diet it is completely safe to take your liking food.
Include Herbs in your diet: Don’t be so bitter to bitter tasting vegetables! Remember bitter test vegetables and herbs are really fruitful to get rid of acid reflux or GERD disease. We have added some bitter tested veg’s to natural remedies for acid reflux.
- Karela (bitter melon/gourd).
- Mustard plant.
- German chamomile.
- Red apples.
- Raw almonds.
- Basil leaves.
- Herbal teas.
- Ginger root. Ginger root slice with tea or water with honey will help.
- Yellow mustard.
- Fennel seeds.
- Carrot juice.
Natural supplements: Natural supplements also works in case of natural remedies for acid reflux. The followings are the most highlighted:
- Apple cider vinegar. Add about 10 ml to water and drink three times a day. 10 ml is approximately 2 tea spoons.
- Digestive enzymes resistant to acid
- Glutamine (powdered amino acid) take around 5ml with little water.
- Aloe vera juice is very helpful. Take around 2 table spoon every day.
- Add highly iodized salt in your meal. But too much salt will higher the risk of blood pressure. So maintain a minimal level.
- Baking soda with ½ cup of water. It don’t have any test. Take it as a medicine.
All the natural home remedies may not work for everyone. The food habit change and including herbs in your diet will work fast than lifestyle change. But life style change is for long term prevention. Sometimes it is better to take water only. Know more about food to avoid with acid reflux and GERD and home remedies for acid reflux in infants.