Blackheads scientifically known as comedones, are small dark spots that form on the skin surface or pimples that lack the skin covering. They appear as a result of blocked hair follicles in the skin filled with accumulated keratin and oil secreted by sebaceous glands. Blackheads usually affect the adolescent, mainly who have an oily skin and they usually appear on the nose and face. What you need to do is to clean your pores regularly for them not to appear. There is no reason for you to keep on pricking them because they might get worse. Some of the causes of blackheads that you need to be careful are:
- Dirty skin
- Frequent smocking and
Remove blackheads naturally
If you want that smooth face you have always desired, then try some of these methods to stop dark spots and cleanse your skin. They are simple but very effective in removing the spots on your face.
- Honey: They are proven to have an antiseptic property that acts on infections that might result to blackheads and acnes. Your honey is supposed to be thick and sticky if you want great results. Use your fingers to apply a small amount of honey on the area where the blackheads are. Honey will stick to most of your pores where it will offer antibacterial services there. Do this procedure for about ten minutes before washing your face with warm water.
- Raw eggs: It is among the most commonly used method, though many people complain of the smell that comes from the eggs. This method works for others well while others say that the results were not to their expectations. So it will be up to you to experience, it might be the answer you have been looking for. Mix two eggs with honey and apply it over the blackheads then wash it off after 20 minutes.
- Use baking soda: It is usually homemade. Baking soda helps in clearing impurities on the skin and removing acne as well as blackheads. It’s prepared by mixing water with 2 spoons of baking soda. Take small amount of the paste and apply it slowly over the affected area, then rinse it off with warm water after ten minutes. Do this procedure regularly for you to get a smooth skin.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice has nutrients that are effective in all skin types. It is effective against acnes and blackheads. Squeeze in two-three lemon juice in a container and then add salt and mix thoroughly to ensure uniformity. Wash your face first, then apply the mixture which is supposed to last for 15 minutes before you wash it off once again.
- Use aloe Vera: It’s one of the home natural remedies for getting rid of blackheads. Fresh squeeze from the aloe Vera plant is effective against blackheads and acnes and it’s the most preferred by specialists. The aloe Vera fluid has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that work against bacteria, thereby maintain a blackhead free skin for a long time.
- Use facial mask: Many people prefer using a cosmetic clay mask due to its magnificent results. What you will need is some water or apple cider vinegar and cosmetic clay. If you don’t have cosmetic clay, then you can purchase it at any local herb shop at affordable prices. Adding essential oils or rose water to your clay makes it more effective but it’s not necessary. do you know, apple cider vinegar heal acne. Prepare the sample by a mixing apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of clay and stir until it forms a paste. Apply it on the regions that have blackheads for 15 minutes, then wash it off with warm water.
- Clean it daily: This method is simple, but best in preventing and getting rid of whiteheads and blackheads anywhere on your skin. Do not disturb yourself by looking for expensive cleansers on the market instead, just find any natural cleanser and it will work effectively. Though if you can afford the expensive ones the better for you, but some of the affordable and available ones that you can use is milk and lemon. These two products will exfoliate your skin, making it appear smooth and fresh.
- Strawberry scrub: Strawberries are delicious and have a good smell that will not inconvenience you when you use it on your face. Strawberries have several important skin ingredients, but alpha hydroxyl acid is the best in getting rid of blackheads on your face. This acid also removes debris with other impurities and regulates the amount of oil your skin produces thus hindering clogging of your pores. Salicylic acid is also another important component that helps in removing the blackheads and opening your hair follicle. You will make the sample by mixing 2 smashed strawberries, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply the sample gently all over your face majoring the regions where the blackheads are concentrated, then rinse it off with warm water after 15 minutes.
- Avoid touching your face: Your hands are always dirty and contain many bacteria that cause blackheads and acnes on your face. Touching your face constantly transfers those bacteria to your face and immediately they start infecting your skin. Resist the urge of touching your face even if you are not pricking them.
- See a dermatologist: When you use a blackhead removal tool by yourself, you may end up damaging your skin, but seeking the professional service will give you the desired results with the same tools. Ask for more information on the available facials that are effective and choose the one that you prefer and will work well on your skin type. You need to be having facials weekly so that you can maintain that smooth and supple skin.
Apply these natural remedies and you will get rid and prevent recurring blackheads. Put in mind that consistence and persistence are the only approach you will use when using this natural healing method. There are those who will begin to see the results earlier, while others later, but eventually you are assured of a blackhead free, smooth and supple skin. Finally, I will say that you should never prick fresh blackheads, always change or wash your pillow case and avoid scrubbing roughly at the blackheads.