Whiteheads will surely spoil your facial appearance like acnes and blackheads. You want to know how to eliminate whiteheads? That’s good, but first it will be important for you to know how we acquire them. Whiteheads are white bumps that are formed due to the accumulation of dead skin cells or oil inside pores. They usually appear yellow or white in color. Whiteheads are prevalent in people whose skin is oily because most of the time the skin pores is usually clogged by the same oil. If you pop fresh whiteheads with your hand, pimples or even scarring may result. Incase whitehead appears on your skin do not worry yourself so much because there are successful procedures that you can apply which will give you a pleasant looking skin.
Getting rid of whiteheads
Below are some of the effective home remedies for whiteheads. You may try the following:
- Washing your face daily: Cleanse your face with oil balance fresh wash and warm water at least two times in a day to any clogged pores or fresh whiteheads.
- Scrub them gently: Make your homemade scrub using oat flour or rice. The advantage of this method is that you will not only be removing old whiteheads but also eliminating skin oiliness that result in the formation of whiteheads. When you scrub regularly, you will eliminate all the dead cells and other impurities and this will prevent the formation of whiteheads or blackheads in the future.
- Use lotions and gels: Dr. Jailman urges those who want to purchase these products to look for those that contain salicylic acid, retinol and benzoyl peroxides such as Obagi CLENZIderm therapeutic lotion. These lotions penetrate the skin and destroy some of the pores and acnes faster. They are affordable and easily found in most of the drug stores around. You can also apply your home made lotion which is made by mixing sodium benzoate with warm water.
- Use tomatoes: Many people may not aware, tomatoes are one of the best cures for whiteheads and acnes. What you will need to do is simply locate the regions where the blackheads and the whiteheads are then placed the tomato on them. Allow it to stay in the place for some time before you clean it by washing your face with warm water.
- Use facial cleansers: This is the other efficient and commonly used method of getting rid of whiteheads. Facial cleanser can be made at home by mixing salt, two spoons of fresh milk and one tablespoon of lemon juice. His method will get rid of dead skin cell and whiteheads making your skin whitehead free and smooth.
- Avoid popping them: Popping is not healthy. In fact, it adds more problem by pushing bacteria and other microorganisms into the deeper layers of the skin thus result in pain and scarring. Although the urge to pop is great, train yourself to avoid it all times and it will save you money.
- Toothpaste: Toothpaste is usually used for oral hygiene, but it’s also effective in getting rid of acnes when applied gently to the visible spots on your face.
- Steam your face regularly: When you want to remove whiteheads in a natural way, try a facial steaming, which is the best in getting rid of acnes and whiteheads fast. After steaming your face, press dry cotton gently on whiteheads and in case you want a more effective method try using comedone. However, if you do not want to have your face steamed then take a piece of cloth, dip it in warm water then rub it gently over your face gently.
- Apply an appropriate mask: Apply clay mask or baking soda and water all over your face because it’s efficient in getting rid of whiteheads by removing the dead skin. This will encourage he formation of new skin and diminish pigmentation spots and blemishes.
- Apply honey: It has antibacterial properties that remove whiteheads and blackheads. Apply pure honey on the scars and then wash it off with warm water after about 20 minutes. Perform this regularly for you to hinder debris from accumulating in your pores.
- Visit a dermatologist: This is another good and sure method to follow. A dermatologist extracts the whiteheads professionally after steaming your face. After a facial steam, all your facial pores are open, thus a dermatologist can easily remove the whiteheads using an extractor. He or she may also prescribe some medicines such as vitamin A and C which hasten formation of new cells while preventing clogging of your pores.
For you to hinder the development of whiteheads on your face, then you should follow a strict daily skin care timetable. Wash your face daily, especially early in the morning and before going to bed. Make sure that you take enough water everyday a minimum of 7 to 10 glasses of water. This will keep your skin and smooth throughout the day. Use home treatment methods because it is safer and easier in getting rid of the whiteheads from your skin. In a situation whereby the whiteheads are increasing even though you are applying the above natural methods, then you will have to visit a dermatologist. Dermatologists frequently recommend pills, cream or gel. Never let your condition worsen when you have a variety of treatment methods that you can apply and you becomes smooth again. Make your skin fresh and clean, white heads will be treated completely and will never resurface.