Eyes are very important parts for human body. So, it is a must to take care of your eyes regularly. Some especial diets, rules and exercise can help you for maintaining better eye sight.
The “DOs” for best eyes care
You should obey the following things for taking care of your vision or eye sight.
Eat vegetables and fruits for healthy vision
The vegetables are the only things that you can eat as much as you can because they have no any side effects for health. Eat vegetables at meals and snacks. Put importance on varied colored of vegetables because they give you all type of healthy benefits. But, eat more green-leafy vegetables because these are very effective for eye sight. Now, let’s see what vegetables are good for healthy eyes:
- Bell peppers- It contains lot of vitamin C for good eye sight.
- Carrots- Carrot is rich in beta carotene that is good for eyes care. Beta carotene having an antioxidant, it lowers macular degeneration’s risk.
- Brussels sprouts- It also offers vitamin C.
- Broccoli- It provides with lot of vitamin C for eyes.
- Sardines- It is rich in omega 3 fats to protect very small vessels in eyes.
- Spinach- Spinach contains lot of beta carotene, lutein, vitamin C and zeaxanthin. All these are good for vision.
- Sweet potatoes- Sweet potatoes are rich in beta carotene.
Try to eat whole fruits because whole fruits offer high fiber for good health. In the below, see what fruits you have to eat.
Eat small and other fishes for eyes
Small fishes are good for increasing eyes sight. In addition to, you can eat tuna, salmon, mackerel, anchovies and trout. These fishes contain fatty acid. Fatty acid is good for dry eyes. See dry eyes causes and treatment.
Egg yolk provides you with lutein, zeaxanthin and zinc to reduce macular degeneration risk.
Apply cucumber slice on eyes
You should apply cucumber slice on eyelids for 10 minutes before going to sleep at night. Cucumber slice removes the puffiness and gives freshness in the eyes. It also removes the dark circles under eyes. Cucumber contains lot of caffeic and ascorbic acid that are good for treating dermatitis and inflammation.
Use cool green tea bag on eyelids
In lieu of cucumber slice, you can also use tea bag. Take a green tea bag and soak it into water, and then keep it in refrigerator. After getting it cool, just pick it out from refrigerator and put on eyes for 15 minutes. The tanning in the tea bag helps to reduce inflammation and puffiness giving with freshness in the eyes.
Put on UV protective sunglasses
The prolonged UV rays harm eye sight and may cause macular degeneration, pingueculae, pterygia, and cataracts. If you move in the UV rays continuously, it will harm your eye sight gradually that you can find out at your older age. So, protection in youth from UV rays is also important. So, wear sun glasses that can protect UV rays, but don’t use darker lenses. Use polarized lenses. Try to put on UV protective lenses or glasses in the shade because shade can reduce a slight amount of rays but the reflection of rays may harm your eyes.
Some exercise for better eyes care
There are some exercise for increasing vision and taking care of your eyes. You should take eyes exercise by consulting with your doctor. Eye exercise not only increases eye sight but also gives relax in the eyes.
Reduce eye allergy with allergic drops
I have allergy in my eyes. When I eat any allergy foods like egg, shrimps or anything, I feel lots of allergies in my eyes. My eyes become red and I feel much irritation and itchy. In this situation, you should take allergy protective drops by consulting with your eye doctor. The eyes drop may have side effects like constructing oxygen into eyes. So, discuss it with your eye specialist.
Wear goggles when need
It is better to put on goggles in the eyes in any especial situation like you are working with chemicals or you are in harmful airborne pollutants. Wearing goggles reduces the entry of harmful elements into eyes.
Vitamins for healthy eyes
Vitamin A, C and E are good for eye sight. So, eat the foods are loaded with these vitamins.
- For vitamin A- Beef or chicken liver, eggs, cod liver oil, milk, butter, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe, carrots, kale and spinach.
- For vitamin C- Citrus and berries, grapefruit, oranges, sweet peppers, broccoli, cantaloupe, kale, and strawberries.
- For vitamin E- Almonds, wheat germ, hazelnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds and peanut butter.
Don’t eat specific vitamins; rather try to eat multiple vitamins because they ensure the necessity of vitamins for overall body, not only for eyes.
Already you have known what you have to do for better vision or eyes care. Now, let me tell what you cannot do for your best eyes sight.
The “DONTs” for best eyes care
You must maintain the following things for enjoying better eye sight or healthy eyes.
- Don’t look at bright light directly like sun rays or light at room or camera light.
- Don’t read in dim light because it creates eye strain.
- Don’t spend much time (not more than 30 minutes at a time) in computer screen. Long time staying in front of computer may cause dry eyes and eye strain. You may face muscle fatigue from the computer’s glare. People with using of computer blink their eyes very less that is very harmful for eyes. In every 30 minutes during using computer, just close your eyes for five minutes. It gives rest in your eyes.
- Don’t use contact lenses for long time (more than 19 hours). Prolonged using of contact lenses may cause permanent slight damage in your eyes. Don’t use it at sleeping and swimming. In sleeping contact lenses restricts oxygen to eyes.
Some important tips for best vision
- Don’t use any medications like eye drops without your doctor’s prescription.
- Taking multivitamins ensures overall good health.
- Before touching eyes, wash your hands well.
- Visit your eye doctor when you need.
- Don’t rub your eyes much.
- Sleep at least 7 hours and maximum 9 hours. It gives eyes proper relaxation.
- Take a proper distance between you and your PC.
- Don’t work at a stretch in the room. In every 30 minutes go out of the room and look at outside light.
If you can follow the above tips on eyes care, you must enjoy a pair of healthy and beautiful eyes. In any serious problem, contact your eye doctor.
You can also read: