Lowering your cholesterol with diet can be a natural process of getting rid of cholesterol related problems. The types and the quantity of food you eat daily determine the level of cholesterol in your body. Elevated cholesterol levels results to several diseases like high blood pressure and heart diseases as you grow older, this can cause paralysis and sometimes death. If you’re one of the high cholesterol patient and struggling to lower the cholesterol. Change your current food habit and you’ll find lowering cholesterol is not very tough. Unless action is taken and vital changes are induced in the diet plan and without making a proper cholesterol lowering diet, elevated body cholesterol will continue stealing people’s lives. In the modern world, most of the common foods have large quantities of low density cholesterol popularly known as bad cholesterol. If you substitute this bad cholesterol with the good cholesterol (high density cholesterol), you will have a healthy life free from diseases related to low density lipoprotein (LDL).
5 foods that lower cholesterol levels
You can protect your heart by following low cholesterol diet plans. Following 6 foods that you need to keep in your cholesterol lowering diet plans:
- Nuts: Most people love nuts, a 2008 scientific research showed that 3 ounces (two handfuls) of pistachio nuts used for about three weeks reduces the levels of low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol in the body. It turned out that these nuts are rich in phytosterols, a plant element that hinders the absorption of ingested cholesterol. They also contain antioxidants, fiber and monosaturated fat, which nourishes the heart, thereby improving its performance. Pistachio nuts are the best because they will force you to eat less food, slowly.
- Beans: It is highly rich in fiber than all other foods except wheat bran. Any type of beans i.e. navy, black, chickpea, butter beans, or pinto when eaten daily, can reduce the cholesterol level by approximately 10% in 5 weeks. It does this by preventing cholesterol absorption in the intestinal tract. Beans added fiber and protein in any dish and are sometimes used in stuffed baked potatoes, salads, pureed sandwich or veggie chili. Try eating beans more than five times in a week for more health benefits.
- Ripe oranges: Pectin is an important compound that is found in several fruits. It acts like other soluble fiber by forming a gooey mass around your stomach walls, that traps ingested cholesterol and ferries it out of the digestive system before it’s absorbed. An orange contains about 2g of soluble fiber and other vital nutrients like vitamin C, potassium and folate. Eat oranges today and lose cholesterol from your body.
- Oat grains: Here’s one you are aware off, however you may not know its applications or its levels of fiber. While oats are a clear victor, oat flour is an alternate versatile choice. It’s good if you know how to make your pulverized oats using a food processor because other times you might not find them around your local. Oat flour can be used during the preparation of muffin and pancakes.
- Vegetables: Eat plenty of vegetables daily. You could also accompany your preferred vegetable with different types of fruits. Not only do they have low fat and calories but also will not raise your body cholesterol levels. Vegetables contain certain chemicals such as polyphenols and phytosterols, which are essential for your heart functioning.
3 days cholesterol lowering diet plan
Here is a three day sample of cholesterol lowering diet plan you can employ. This is an exchange meal plan can be followed regularly.
- 1 cup of tea or coffee with 3 ounces of skim milk
- 1 medium apple
- 1 serving of pumpkin oatmeal
- 2 vegetarian sausage link
- 1 skim cheese
- Any beverage of your choice, sugar free
- 1 slice wheat bread
- 1 tbsp. plant stenol spread
- 1 serving chicken Caesar salad
- Banana berry smoothie
- 1 serving Edamame salad and Quinoa
- 1 serving Mediterranean pita
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup whole grain cereal
- 1 glasses lime or lemon drinks
- An apple
- A diet soda
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Salad-2 cups filed greens,
- 2 ounces albacore tuna
- 1 pear
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup steamed asparagus
- 1 heated sweet potato
- 2 ounces pork chop
- 1 cup non fat milk
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup tea or coffee
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 3 slices whole grain bread, turkey breast, lettuce, tomato slice
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- Lemon as beverage
- Salad-5 cherry tomatoes, 1 cup broccoli florets
- A slice of lemon as beverage
It’s not difficult to adapt to cholesterol lowering diet plans, if you include different healthy foods in your diet. Although it’s vital to add healthy fruits, grains, lean proteins and vegetables, there are also other foods that contain low fat provided by different manufacturers which are also good for your general health. When you go for shopping, read the label carefully to ensure that the ingredients of the food are healthy. If customizing your own cholesterol lowering diet plans is a bit difficult, then contact a qualified dietitian who will formulate a diet plan menu that must be followed strictly for results to be realized. Depending on your physical condition, you can also follow 2200 calorie vegetable diet plans or if you’re looking for weight loss follow a 1200 calorie meal plan.