High blood sugar may cause serious diseases if it is not under control. Almost every person has the problem of high blood sugar since the world is becoming automated and we love comfort rather than labor. There are many reasons behind high blood sugar, but lack of physical labor can be considered as the most important one.
What is high blood sugar? When the glucose level in blood increases, the situation is called high blood sugar or hyperglycemia. When the body can’t produce insulin adequately, the glucose level in blood becomes high. The body needs insulin so that glucose can be used for energy. But if the body can’t respond to the insulin properly, glucose builds up in the blood and turns into hyperglycemia.
Do you feel the signs? Increased thirst and dry mouth, frequent urination, fatigue, weight loss, increased appetite, warm or dry skin and deep breathing are the basic sign and symptoms of high blood sugar. You can measure your blood sugar level in a second by using a blood glucose meter which is known as glucometer. Just put a tiny drop of blood from your finger on the test strip and inserted into the glucometer. Generally, blood glucose level ranges from 90 to 130 mg/dL before meals and below 180 mg/dL within 1 to 2 hours after a meal.
Do natural remedies for high blood sugar works?
Be aware of your blood sugar levels, weight and physical activity and try to have a balanced diet and medication. Check your blood sugar level regularly and keep records on a diary. You can join a diabetes health care team. When your blood sugar is too high it is very important to lower the sugar level in blood. Medicines, certain diet habit, regular physical exercise can make your sugar level low quickly.
Besides medication, natural remedies to reduce blood sugar have been proved so effective. These remedies are so simple and available at your home.
Natural remedies for high blood sugar
- Protein intake: Try to have protein enriched food to make your sugar level low. You can have meat, milk, egg and fish in your everyday meal as a natural remedy for high blood sugar treatment.
- Lose extra pounds: Obesity is one of the greatest risk factors for high blood sugar. Excess weight can block the action of insulin. As a result sugar level becomes high. Overweight can also affect the pancreas. You can troll your blood sugar naturally by losing your weight. You can make a significant difference in your blood sugar control by losing just 5 to 10 percent of your body weight.
- Physical exercise: Exercise lowers blood sugar very quickly. It is beneficial to keep your heart active and also controls and prevent diabetes. Exercise improves your strength and boosts your mood. Try to take 150 minutes of exercise in a week. The easiest exercise to control your blood sugar level is walking. Use the stairs instead of lift but be careful that your heart condition is good enough.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seed has been used for health treatment, including digestive problems, menopausal symptoms and induce to childbirth. This seed is considered as a natural remedy for appetite control and inflammation. Fenugreek is a very effective natural cure since it can lower blood sugar.
- Cinnamon: It lowers blood sugar and balance insulin levels in blood. You can have cinnamon in your meals every day.
- Green tea: Taking green tea is better choice than tea or coffee. Green tea can lower high blood sugar and prevent kidney damage. Try to have two or three cups of green tea every day.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables: Develop the habit of taking more fruits and vegetables to protect yourself from diabetes and high blood sugar naturally. Plant foods are rich in fibers which slow the release of glucose and make the body more sensitive to insulin.
- Basil leaves: Basil leaves consists of anti-oxidants and essential oil that can help to conduct pancreas beta cells function properly. It can increase the sensitivity to insulin. You can have one tablespoon of juice that is made from basil leaves or can use two or three leaves. You should have this natural remedy on empty stomach in order to lower the blood sugar level.
- Fig leaves: It has antibiotic properties and helps in controlling high blood sugar treatment. You have to boil the leaves of the fig in some freshly filtered water and drink this as a tea to obtain a good result naturally.
- Black seeds: Black seed is known as a cure for all diseases except death. It has been used for everything from acne to pancreatic cancers and considered to be a miraculous cure. Try to have some black seed in your daily meal. Oil can be made of black seed and you can use oil too. To obtain a good result, you should do this for at least one month.
- Bitter gourd: Most of the people are familiar with this vegetable. They are very useful natural cure for lowering blood sugar level. Bitter gourd lowers the activity of the alpha glycosidase enzyme and reduce the hyperglycemia.
- Indian blackberry: It is very effective in controlling blood sugar level since it contains anthocyanin and hydrolysable tannins. People who are suffering from diabetes can use the leaves, berry and seeds of blackberries.
- Mango leaves: The delicate and tender mango leaves can regulate the insulin levels in the blood and improves the blood lipid profiles. You have to soak 10 to 15 tender mango leaves in a glass of water overnight and drink the filtered water on empty stomach in the morning.
- Sunlight:Sunlight helps the production of insulin to maintain the blood sugar levels by producing vitamin D. You can gain vitamin-D by exposing to sunlight for a few minutes early in the morning. Sunlight is a natural cure to make you healthy.
- Aloe Vera: Make juice with Aloe Vera gel and mix some turmeric powder and consume this drink before your meal every day to keep away from high blood sugar.
- Amla: The Vitamin C present in Indian gooseberry (Amla) is very effective to help the function of pancreas properly. Extract the juice from Amla and mix with a glass of water. Consume this drink daily in the morning on an empty stomach to keep your blood sugar level in control.
- Guava: The guava is available at most times of the year and considered as a fruitful natural cure for high blood sugar. This fruit has the vitamin-C property and high fiber content can lower your blood sugar level.
You may face complications because of high blood sugar. High blood sugar during pregnancy is most alarming situation. But you can reduce the risk factors and live a normal and healthy life by taking proper care of yourself. If you have high blood sugar, why don’t you start to maintain these health tips from today? Be patient and try to follow them regularly. You will be benefited and here’s a wish for you to have a happy and healthy life.